Thursday, July 14, 2011

Still Here...

I've been an even worse blogger than usual lately, but these things happen from time to time, don't they?
So I thought I'd have a quick catch up this morning before I get diverted by anything else - oh, hang on a minute, I'll just go and grab a coffee first ....hehe....

Right that's better.

Yesterday it was my turn to share my project for June's Funky Fifteenth over on Get Funky (challenge blog for Funky Hand).  It seems a bit weird doing the June project on the 13th July, but I'm the last one before the new July Funky 15th is announced (by Ruth, tomorrow).
This time Anice has been our Hostess and she gave us this sketch to work with.  It's a good one, isn't it?  You've still got today to enter and maybe win the prize of a free Funky Hand download of your choice - so if you're quick....


I turned the sketch around and made this card using papers and an image from Funky Hand (you have to use at least one FH product for your entry to count).

 I used:
spotty papers from "Hearts and Flowers" download collection, Plant in Pot image from "Dreams Come True" CD and flowers cut from the current Funky Freebie paper (today is the last day to collect your copy...); All Funky Hand
Other stash: Bottle Green card, White card, i-Rock green gems (Imaginisce), Button covered with circle cut from Funky Freebie paper.

I've made another card using the sketch too, but when I photographed it the colours didn't look right (although they are fine irl :-/).  I might see what I can do to fix the problem and add it later.
Anyway, as I said, it's the last day to get your entries in and the last day to grab that Funky Freebie - so better get busy if you want to join in this time. 
Over on my own Sketch File blog we've got some fab news about a new teamie.  The sketches there aren't aimed at cards, or LOs or any one specific area - they are there for any sort of crafting at all and we think  Carol is the perfect person to inspire people to look at how they might use them for whatever crafting they like to do - visit Carol's blog and you'll see why!
You can also see the first piece that Carol has made for The Sketch File on yesterday's July Update 1 - it is just gorgeous.

Finally for this bit of my catch-up, here is the little cheque holder I made for nephew Dan's birthday at the end of last month (see, I really do have quite a bit of catching up to do!)

I used:
Orange Bazzill card, 
Papers from a couple of the MME LIme Twist paper pads
Star, Circles and Lettering all cut with Craft Robo, 
"Homemade" decal sentiment sticker

It would  have been better, and less puzzling for Dan if I'd actually put the cheque in it before sealing it up in the envelope and giving it to him...ooops!
hey ho, Mad Auntie Kathy strikes again!
Well, I must away and get started on my DCM card, so that I can tick something else off my ever-growing to-do list.  The Time Thief is around again, methinks hehe
Thanks for visiting today, I hope you'll come by again soon

6 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Great projects, love the cheque holder - very funky!

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards Kathy, love the bright birthday one - I am sure your nephew did too, cheque or no cheque!

Carol Plume said...

fabbie projects Kathy - and Thank You xx

Kaz said...

Kathy you are a nutter!!! But you are a very creative nutter so that makes it ok!!
Love all that you have made here and big congrats to Carol xxx

tracy said...

lovely work kathy :)
yay for carol :)

Gez Butterworth said...

Scrummy cards Kathy...xx

Great news to hear Carol is joining your Team ♥