Monday, July 25, 2011

Been to the Sea....

We're back from a week in Northumberland with my folks - the weather wasn't too bad and we were able to get out and about for at least part of every day.  It's just lovely to spend time in my "home" village with my Aunt and Uncle really - that it's less than a five minute walk to the prom from their house is a bonus!
 The photos haven't even been put onto the pc yet so if you want to see where I was, scroll down a couple of posts to Friday's Daring Cardmakers "Wish You Were Here?" challenge and there's a photo of the bay there!
The excitement I had while I was away was hearing that the latest issue of "Simply Cards and Papercraft" magazine was out along with it's "Best of British supplement - exciting because the card I made using Funky Hand products is in there - and it's on the cover too.
The card template and all papers are by Funky Hand and the instructions on how I made it are in the magazine

As my Aunt always comes to visit armed with boxes of home-made goodies, we decided to do a bit of baking ourselves so we could return the favour.  We made another batch of those wonderful Rhubarb and Custard Cupcakes and also tried out a new recipe for Chocolate Chip Woopie Pies.  Sorry about this rubbish photo but you'll get the idea, I'm sure!
Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of crafting, blogging and blog-hopping soon, but now I must get back into "cooking dinner" routine - I'd forgotten that food wasn't just going to appear in front of me courtesy of Aunt and Uncle or via a waiter/waitress today.  Oh the shock of being home!
Thanks for visiting

3 comments:

Lynda said...

Whoop whoop you ... cover girl no less! Love the bag and all the little embellies especially the tassles - they're fab! Glad you've had a good time away.

Love Lynda xxx

Karen said...

Awe it must have been lovely for you to visit home....I know how you miss it sometimes my lovely! So what is wrong with expecting your dinner to be put in front of you then......I still do it and then mutter when it doesn't hahahahaha!!!!

Well done on being a cover girl xxx

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, cover girl. Very well deserved - that card is stunning. I love rhubarb & custard cupcakes *drool*. never had a whoopie pie (which my auto correct wants TK call a shoplift pie!!) - must give them a go.

Lisa xoxo