Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Ickworth House

Feeling happier today as Hubby is back home after a couple of days away on business in Düsseldorf.  Thankfully, he doesn't have to go away very often.  You'd think I'd be able to get down to some "serious" crafting on those occasions but in actuality I find I can't really settle to doing anything much and end up faffing around all over the place.  I push paper around my desk a bit but not much else.  Two whole days to myself and all I actually managed was to stick a few "finishing off" bits to projects that were lying on my desk.

Yesterday the July LO idea went "live" over on The Sketch File blog, so I thought I'd blog a bit here about my first project using the sketch.  It's another page for my "A Year with the National Trust" album - this makes three whole pages, I'll have you know - which is something of a record for my books!
I've used the sketch for the right hand page of a double page LO
 Materials:
Papers: Prima 6x6 "Jack and Jill" collection, Spellbinders Dies: Ovals, photo turn
Flower made using brown Seam Binding from Creative Treasures - I just ruffled and glued the binding straight on to a circle of scrap card (I love how it turned out!). 
large pearl brad, small brad, small circle punch
Here's the left hand page which has the title and info


 Materials:
Papers as above, EK Success Border Punch
Ruffled brown Seam Binding from Creative Treasures  
Title is cut with Craft Robo,  
flowers made with loose mulberry paper petals, along with some punched from the Prima papers, small green brad, Blue gems are hot fix "i-Rock" gems by Imaginisce

Here's how they look in the album:
That's all from me for today, I hope you'll pop over to The Sketch File and see what Jackie and Lynda have made so far using the July Sketch - and I'm hoping you'll feel inspired to have a go at making something too.
Thanks for visiting




5 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Lovely double page spread Kathy, looks really well balanced! Your seam binding flower is lovely!

tracy said...

very lovely kathy :)

lisa said...

Hi Kathy
Your not on your own missing Hubby when he's away, that sounds strange, I don't miss yours obviously but mine!!! He used to go to The States for 10 days at a time and I hated it, now thankfully they are just over night trips in the UK so not so bad, but I know what you mean about not settling. I once decorated our hall stairs lilac in a fit of pique when he was away and hated it for years!!!!
Your NT book is gorgeous. What a lovely idea. I love the LO and papers you've used.
Sorry for being such a poor blogging friend lately.
Hugs Lisax

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [07 Jul 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pages Kathy...x