Saturday, July 30, 2011

Playing with Paper on a Saturday Afternoon

I saw this paper folding idea somewhere on my web-wanderings the other day.  It was actually to make a "ball" from these shapes but I thought it would make a great idea for paper flowers to stand in a vase, and maybe with a bit of adaptation they would make an embellishment for the top of a box or even a *very bumpy) card.

So I've been playing this afternoon and thought I'd share the photos on here to see what my fellow crafty bloggers think about them.
The first version is the "original" and is a sort of cone shape at the back.  I glued a piece of wire into where all the petal pieces join to make a stem

These next ones are my "flatter" versions, which would work as an embellishment. They are still about 1.5cms deep so quite bulky, they measure about6cms across. I'd need to cut a matching petal shape to use as a backing piece, I think, or maybe just a circle of contrasting card would do the job.

.I hope you like them - I'd be interested in hearing what you think

11 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Really pretty, love the "rays" in the centre from the fold!

Kath said...

I think they look great, Kathy. Are you going to tell us how to make them???????? :)

Hazel said...

I like these, Kathy - would be interested in seeing instructions. I particularly like the last two. x

tracy said...

very nice kathy:)
so where's the instructions?? :)

Unknown said...

I love Kusadama flowers Kathy. Really easy to make, yet very effective too. Welcome to Origami x

Jackie said...

Gorgeous Kathy x

Anonymous said...

I think they're beautiful! x

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Wow they're fabulous - you could make a lovely bouquet.

Kaz said...

Oooo I love these Kathy and agree they'd look fab in a vase xxx

Creative Treasures said...

Fab flowers Kathy, they do look fab in the vase.

Tracy
x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous flowers Kathy...x