Monday, November 15, 2010

Baubling On

and on and on.
 I've been trying to bulk up the Christmas card box and am now thoroughly sick of the sight of baubles. These are actually some cards I made last week - but be warned, visit over the next few days and you'll probably be sick of baubles too as I have more of them to share!

At least it's not raining today, but boy is it chilly and this morning saw the first frost of the winter.  Hubby wasn't happy as the car wouldn't start, mind you he knew the battery was dodgy but as he's trading it in for something else next weekend....

We went shopping at the weekend, not really Christmas shopping but we had a look around to see what ideas we could come up with.  We did buy the turkey crown though, so that's sitting in the freezer all ready for the big day.  We used to order that and a few other treats from M&S then we'd wander into town a couple of days before Christmas to collect them - it was a sort of mini-tradition that I quite liked.  But our local M&S "Simply Food" was one of those they closed a couple of years back so we don't bother placing a big order any more.  That'll teach them. hehehe
Anyway, here's the first batch of baubles.

 For these first two I used: 
Spellbinders Nesties Baubles, Websters Pages 6x6 collection pack, Cuttlebug snowflake die, MS border punch,  gold crochet thread
 
For all the following I've cut the baubles using my own Craft Robo templates 


For the 3 cards above: 
GCD papers, MS border punches, gold card scraps, Spellbinders Plain and Petite scalloped dies, 
gold crochet thread, fine gold threads, raffia, Stickles (gold)
 For this last card:
Kaiser 6x6 papers (Dear Santa), Gold mesh ribbon, green satin ribbon, 
scrap gold card, circle punch for aperture


If you'd like a copy of my template for these three bauble designs, please email me.
If you're not too bored with baubles, there'll be more tomorrow - and maybe even some trees for a spot of light relief!
Thanks for visiting, 
Happy Crafting

9 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Never bored by your cards - baubles or otherwise! And love the story about M&S, sometimes you just have to stick it to the man!!

Karen said...

Now thats a lovely lot of baubles Kathy! Good old robo!!! XXX

Hazel said...

Fantastic lot of baubles - and look forward to seeing more! I'm asking myself why I haven't got those nesties (might have to investigate) x

Paddy said...

Fab cards Kathy. I love baubles!!!

Janice said...

They look good Kathy, I'm sure they will be appreciated.

Kaz said...

Fab cards Kathy, I love those baubles. Well done yyou for coming up with lots of different designs!! xxx

Angelnorth said...

You are doing well with the stocking up, fab baubled cards!

Annie said...

Gorgeous cards on show today :-)
A x

Jackie said...

Fab cards Kathy, I love your baubles :)