Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ovally Holey

I've done another card using the July sketch on my Sketch File blog.
For some reason I always find it hard to get back to making stuff after I've had a break - even though I'm looking forward to messing about with paper, glue, buttons and ribbons nothing seems to come together the way I want it to.
I knew that what I really wanted to do was get stuck in to the lovely DT bundle that arrived from Creative Treasures the day before we left, so eventually I kicked the BFoP out of the room and made this card.
Unfortunately she wasn't happy and cast some sort of nasty spell which made getting anything to work a real battle!  I'm sending the BFoP off to bother Kaz now, as I'm fed up with the little minx being here.  Sorry Kaz, but she's already on her way....
So, here's what I used:
All these from Creative Treasures: Seam Binding (purple, turquoise). Lace, Purple Flower, Buttons, Black and White Baker's Twine
Other Stash: Purple card. Stripy paper (MME), Spellbinders Nesties Ovals die set, Medium Flower punch


Notes:
July Sketch rotated 90deg right
Aperture cut with Oval die, spare piece added to inside of the card
2 pieces of seam binding glued together with book binding glue to get double width pieces
Twisted lengths of seam binding for the bows and purple trim
Flower stem was twisted using a cocktail stick 
Frame cut with 2 sizes of the Nesties and adhered in place to cover rough edges

Please visit Sketch File blog to see Carol's latest piece using the same sketch, and if you've not checked out the other DT work this month, scroll down to see what we've all been making with the July sketch.
Right, time to get on with my DCM card for tomorrow - fingers crossed the idea I have will actually work :-?
I promise I'll get round to some blog-hopping soon, it seems ages since I managed to visit my favourite blogging places. Thanks for visiting today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really pretty card Kathy, love the colours too...x

Creative Treasures said...

Fab card Kathy, I love the colour combo, very pretty.

Tracy
x