Tuesday, December 11, 2018

SnipArt Tree: Hot Foiling Adventures no 2

Hello
Over the last few weeks I've been continuing to experiment with my hot-foil machine and I thought it was about time I blogged another project.

I've been having a go at making my own hot foil 'plates', and will share how I got on another time - I've had to put that project aside while I concentrate on trying to get my Christmas cards done.  But having learned that it was possible to so it, I realised that you could probably also use those lovely laser-cut designs too.  I have a few pieces of SnipArt that have come in kits and I thought it was worth trying the idea out with this swirly tree.
To use the SnipArt shape as a hot foil plate, heat your machine and cut foil to size cutting off any corners as usual,to leave a 'softer' outline.
Now build your stack on the hot plate; 
*your cardstock
*the foil (sticky side onto the card)
*the SnipArt piece
*a shim 
Close the lid.  Leave to heat for a minute or so then run back and forward SLOWLY through your die-cutting machine a couple of times 
(I use my ancient Cuttlebug)
Allow to cool slightly before peeling the foil from the card.

This shape worked really well and I love the foiled tree. I used green foil on the top card and gold on the lower one - but they both look similar in the photo! If you are careful you can get several uses out of the SnipArt shape before it begins to get a bit too tatty.  It might be worth buying two of the ones you like best!

I was going to show you an example of foiling using a SnipArt piece that didn't work so well but I can't find it atm.  It was a lovely laser cut, but probably a bit too intricate to work as well as I'd hoped.  When I unearth it from the junk heap I fondly call 'my craft desk' I will show you thouhg.

All for this time, thank you for visiting

6 comments:

jane stillman said...

Fabulous cards

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Kathy

gr karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your cards are gorgeous. Which hot foiling machine are you using? I can't remember. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sylvia said...

Fabulous cards, love those trees!

Sylv xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Great card, love the foil

Shabneez said...

CLever technique Kathy - love the outcome! Shabneez x