Friday, February 25, 2022

FEB Word Play

 
Hello!
Hope you've had a good week.
The last few weeks have been 'trying'.  I don't know whether its  really February's fault or my preconception that February is always a pain in the derrière!
That is my excuse for feeling fed up, under pressure and not managing to get anything done all at the same time.
 
This week it was Joanne's turn to choose a challenge for the  Daring Cardmakers - and this one stretched the brain cells a bit.  Rather klike a crafty Wordle!

Word Play
 As we wave farewell to February, let’s use the month for inspiration in a different way. Make a FEB card! 
Use something beginning with each of those letters in your creation. 
So it might be a foiled elephant juggling a ball, a blue fairy with an embossed background, a baby card with flags and embroidery thread… 
what can you come up with that’s FEB? 
Don’t forget to tell us which items you’ve used in case we don’t spot them!
 
 To help get your creative cogs turning, click here to see the clever ideas the design team came up with!

Four Easter Bunnies

Info
I've used a smooth white card blank, cut to fit the four bunny die cuts - I wanted to use five, but that would have made the card a bit of a weird shape! It already means I'll need to make a custom sized envelope, but never mind!
I taped off a border using Washi tape and filled in the remaining area with a couple of shades of Nuvo Embellishing mousse
The Rabbits are cut using a vute Spellbinders die set from a few years ago.  The ears, eyes and noses were stencilled through the dies and I folded a few of the ears for a quirky look
The eggs are made using a Poppy Stamps die; I glued a few pieces of patterned paper to bits of card before cutting them out.
To finish I coloured some white card with pink Nuvo Embellishing mousse then die cut the 'HOPPY EASTER' letters
 
 
 
Thank you so much for coming by
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe, 

 
 

2 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Fab take on the FEB challenge Kathy, I love that you managed to make an actual phrase too! Great detail with some of the ears being folded.

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is such a cute card. Take care. Hugs Jackie