Monday, February 07, 2022

February Elemental Challenge

 
 
  Hello! Happy Friday

So, we made it through January!
However,  February has never been my favourite month - which upsets my Hubby as its the one with his birthday in it 😃😃
I've a busy couple of months for cardmaking and present shopping coming up. with a few birthdays and of course Valentines day too
I should be coming up with some ideas, but I'm really not that organised!

Anyway, its Friday so time for a new Daring Cardmakers challenge
 
This week we welcome in the new month with Enfys's beautiful mood-board

February Elemental Challenge

 I've chosen a leafy mood-board with cool greens and aquas, warmed up with pink red and yellow.  But its not just about colours, check out all the little details on the image and you're sure to find the minimum 3 elements you need to use when you make your card.
 As usual if you use the colour combo it counts as 1 element 

 
 For my card I chose the pleats of the skirt, the leaves and the thread that weaves around in the background.  I've also used a simialr colour palette of pinks, greens and yellows (well gold in my case) and a tiny splash of red

 Info
 
I've used patterned papers from a Studio Light 6x6 pad for the background and the rosette.
  The filigree flowers are cut in gold vellum paper using a die set - I can't remember where its from, I bought it, put it in my folder and threw away the packaging (oops).  This is the first time I've used it despite owning it for several months!
The leaves and the rosette die sets are both by Spellbinders, the flower on the centre of the rosette by Hunkydory and the small flowers in the upper right by Tonic
To complete the card I added some loops of gold thread over the small sentiment, plus a bow made with the same thread, then some coloured 'pebbles' scattered around

 Thank you so much for coming by, it would be fab to hear what you think of this one.
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe,

 

1 comment:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your card is gorgeous. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie