Friday, April 02, 2021

Love April

  Hello, Happy Friday!

I hope you've had a good week, it was really warm earlier in the week, but now Easter weekend has arrived its turned a bit chilly - typical!
Hubby and I had our first doses of the Covid vaccine on Monday.  I felt a bit achy and tired for a couple of days, but other wise it was fine, but what with that and hayfever symptoms shooting through the roof its been a tricky kind of week.
The only crafting I managed was my card for this week's Daring Cardmakers challenge, its Jenny's turn to select the moodboard for our monthly Elemental challenge
 
April's Elemental Inspiration 
Just pick a minimum of 3 elements from Jenny's beautiful moodboard to use when making your card. 
The Colour palette counts as 1 element. 
we can't wait to see what you choose, and what you make!


I loved the subtle book page background, so decided to create something similar, then use a heart and a flower as my other elements - I thought I could use this to trial an idea for a wedding card I need later in the year.
 

Info
Smooth white card blank

Digital papers from Raspberry Road (via Etsy), resized and printed onto textured Bazzill white card. I covered the card blank with one of the papers, then inked up a fab 'love' words background stamp from Spellbinders in a deeper peach/brick red shade - ,my idea was to only ink parts of it to get a mottled kind of imprint - but I may have got a bit stamp-pad happy!

 Next I printed out another of the paper designs to die cut the glorious Heart (also Spellbinders).  Its quite a large die so doesn't get used as often as I'd like!  This time I also cut a couple of extra hearts from a toning plain pinky-peach shade of card and layered the three together before adhering off-centre to the card.

For the flower I chose another of the digital papers and this time printed on both sides of the white Bazzill.  A large flower punch was used for the petals, my Rose Tutorial is HERE. 

I placed the rose to the side of the heart then cut the 'Love' word it two layers of deep coloured card to match the stamped words and once in an embossed gold card. The coloured layers were matted together, then the gold one added on top, but offset a little


Thank you so much for visiting today.  I'd like to know what you think, so I hope you'll leave a comment - they are really appreciated
 Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe


4 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your card is gorgeous it is just so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and beautiful card Kathy

gr karin

Miri said...

It's a beautiful card, Kathy! And I think it's perfect for a wedding. I love the soft colours and the stunning flower.

Angelnorth said...

A very sophisticaed card Kathy, that die cut heart is a stunner isn't it?