Friday, April 09, 2021

Buzz Buzz

Hello
 
Hope you had a lovely Easter, and that the rest of the week was good too.  It's been very sunny most of this week, but chilly and quite blustery - and some frosty mornings too!  Our magnolia tree, which looked beautiful last weekend wasn't very keen on the frost and is looking very sorry for itself now.

We're 'in the garden' for this week's Daring Cardmakers challenge, which has been set by Shabneez

Let's Hear It For The Bees!

I would like to celebrate bees this week so would love to see anything related to them on your cards.  You could use beehives, honeycomb shapes, honey coloured ink etc - extra points for using a combination of elements

 Click here to see this week's design team inspiration  


 Info
I started with a smooth white card blank and stencilled the background using a Crafter's Workshop Honeycomb stencil with a few shades of yellow ink, plus some a little Indian Gold Tonic Nuvo Embellishment mousse.
 Next I made the bee using a Spellbinders die.  I cut
it once each in yellow, black and twice from vellum. 
The wings were cut away from the black layer and this became the base layer of the bee.
Only the wing sections were kept from the vellum layers, and these were glued in place on the top of the black section
The legs and wings were cut away from the yellow piece and discarded. Black stripes were added to the body and head, then it was adhered on top to complete the bee.
The sunflower was created from inked yellow card using a wonderful Spellbinders sunflower die from the 'Build a Flower' range.
Whenever I need to make a new white on black sentiment, I always do a little batch of the words and phrases I use most.  I do them in different sizes and fonts, to save and use later and make it worth the effort creating them and persuading the printer to play nicely (why are printers always so bolshy?), so these were some from my bag of spares!

Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when you do!

Happy Crafting, and please take care of yourself.




5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I do love bees. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Angelnorth said...

Lovely cheerful sunflower to attract your multilayered bee - fab happy card Kathy!

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful Kathy

gr karin

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

That's a beautiful sunflower Kathy, it really stands out on your card and I love the honeycomb background too. One of my favourite flowers and I'm hoping to have a few in my garden this year. Michelle x

Shabneez said...

Stunning creation Kathy and you definitely get the extra points! Shabneez x