Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Birthday Stars

  hi there

Yet again its been a while since I managed a midweek blog post, and I'm definitely not expecting it to be a regular thing - I know my limitations, but I will try to be better!

heading back to February for this birthday card made form my cousin's teenage son

Info
I started with a smooth white card blank, 1 square of the same card the same size as the front and another piece to use for extra stars and letters.  Masking the very edges, I coloured the front of the card blank with ink and Nuvo mousse, then die cut the star swirl using a Sizzix die. This piece was adhered onto the card blank so that the colours showed through.
The extra card was coloured in the same way, and I used  a couple of alphabet die sets to cut 'HAPPY' and 'SAM', and an old Tim Holtz sentiment set for the 'birthday' word.  From the remaining card I used various star die sets and punches to cut extra shapes to decorate the card.
 
 
 That's all for today, thank you so much for visiting, I hope you'll leave a comment, You've no idea how happy it makes me when someone leaves a message!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe, especially if you're going out and about now things are opening

2 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. I just love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

Loving those colours Kathy! Good to see you blogging more unlike me! Ha!!! Shabneez x