Friday, April 30, 2021

Hot Foiling on Vellum

 

 Hello

  Hope you had a lovely week - didn't April go quickly?  It's been so dry that the ground is already cracking around our 'lawn'. Seems mad to get the sprinkler out already, but I think we may have to.  And if saying that isn't tantamount to making it rain ceaselessly for the next two months I don't know what is.  Sorry!

Its Dawn here with this week's Daring Cardmakers challenge.  

There is one product that I am not a big fan of and find it very difficult to use and that is  

VELLUM

So we would like you to use a little or a lot of vellum on your cards this week.

We can't wait to see what you create and it may inspire me to use it more often.

 Click here to see this week's design team inspiration  


I gave my hot-foiling gadget an outing (after so long I had to look up the instructions!) to foil the vellum panel with gold foil - I was very pleased at how well the foiling worked on Vellum.
 
Info
My base card is a smooth white square card blank
The aqua card is pearlescent embossed card from Tonic Studios. 
The Vellum panel is hot-foiled in gold using a Spellbinders dots hot foil stamp, then secured to the card with tape - which is concealed by the aqua panels.
The fancy gold swirl was cut in gold card with an old Memory Box die. it was marred onto another strip of the aqua card, on which I'd used an
 EK Success border punch.
I wound some gold thread around the upper panel and made a couple of tassels to dangle from it.
Next I used a Spellbinders die set to make the flowers, adding a couple of punched circles from the gold card as the centres.  The petals and circles were shaped with a ball tool before adhering in place.
I added a home-made decal sticker sentiment on 
white then gold card to finish
 
So, confession time: 
I spent Wednesday searching for the plates for my old Cuttlebug as you need to roll the hot-foiling gadget through a die-cutting machine and I've never had much luck getting the 'sandwich' right with my eBosser.  Anyway, I failed to find them and was not happy.  
Next morning I found them straight away, set everything up to do the foiling......only to find that the foiling platform itself was all that needed to go through the Cuttlebug and I'd spent an entire day searching for plates I didn't need.
I told you it was a long time since I'd done any foiling didn't i!  What an idiot, though
 
Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when you do!

Happy Crafting, and please take care of yourself.


7 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Foiling on vellum how clever. At least you know where the plates are now. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Christine Kiehl said...

lovely card. love all the details.

Svenja said...

Kathy, this is so incredibly elegant! Wow.

R's Rue said...

So pretty.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Angelnorth said...

Lovely result with the foiling on the vellum Kathy - a very elegant card!

Dawn said...

This is just beautiful and such a gorgeous colour. x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

This is a Beautiful card and love the colours too. Very impressed with your vellums techniques for your card. I've only made flowers with vellum. I feel your pain, there are times when I spend more time looking for craft stuff that just disappears...than it takes to construct what I'm making lol! Michelle x