Friday, March 26, 2021

Word Art

 

 Hello

As I write this, we have bright sunshine and pouring rain - yes, both at the same time!  The thing about English weather is that you can always relay on it to be unreliable 😂

 No more waffle, lets get straight to this week's Daring Cardmakers challenge, as I'm late again!

I had a pretty good idea how my card would look, which is often the hard bit - but this time it was the background that caused the trouble for me - thanl heavens I decided to do that bit on pieces of plain card rather than straight onto a card blank as there would have been an awful lot of wastage.  As it is, hopefully I can reclaim some of this little lot to use in some way!

 Anyway, It's Nat who brought such torture to my craft table, but as she's so lovely, I'll forgive her!☺️

Nat says:

For this week's dare, I want you to focus on words.

The sentiment for your card needs to be the star of the show and feature prominently as the main element.

It can be oversized, it can be created with negative die-cutting, it can be a mix of font styles (stamped/die cut). Whatever you choose the sentiment shouldn't be overshadowed by other elements in your design.

 Click here to see this week's design team inspiration  
  


So, having failed to make anything usable, I gave up and decided to start again on another day. This time I thought it best to go back to some current favourite things, stencils and Nuvo
Embellishment mousse
 

 
 Info
Smooth white square card blank, with the lower section inked using  teal and deep blue ink pads.  I inked another piece for cutting the sentiment and coloured a second piece using gold Nuvo Mousse
For the background panel I used a Musical symbols stencil by Apple Blossom and various different shades of Nuvo Mousse. 
I can't remember where the sentiment die came from (might be Polkadoodles) - I cut it twice, once blue, once gold and matted the layers together before adhering to the card.  To finish I swiped some gold mousse along the lower edges of the card and added a few die cut music notes to pull all the colours together.

I have several male birthdays coming up and my master plan was to make something that would tick at least one of them off the list, but  I'm hoping that some of the Discard Pile might be salvageable for some more of them.
Finishing today with a photo of the first camellia to open up in our garden.  There are other buds, but usually the first opening flower is immediately followed by a spate of freezing cold, wet weather which means none of those other buds ever opens!
Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when you do!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe


3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your card is gorgeous. The camellia is so pretty. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Handmade by Natty said...

I apologise for any emotional trauma suffered in the making of this beautiful card. :P But really, it worked out great in the end! I am slightly nervous at what revenge challenge you will be serving up. ;)

Shabneez said...

Super card Kathy but definitely keep those backgrounds as they are wonderful and will come in handy I'm sure. Shabneez x