Friday, August 09, 2024

Summer Lovin’

 

 Hello!

Welcome to my little crafting place! Here's where I share the things I've been making, and sometimes other bits of waffle!

Friday is Daring Cardmakers Day and this week it's me choosing the challenge.

Summer Lovin’

Do your thoughts turn to love, hearts, kisses & lovey-dovey things in Summer? Having needed two Wedding Anniversary cards last month my crafting has been full of hearts and kisses and ‘lovey-dovey’ things! 

But there's so much to love about Summer - lovely long (hopefully) sunny days, barbeques and picnics or long lazy lunches in the garden of your favourite pub!There are trips to the beach or lakeside and other favourite places to go, or if you're lucky packing your bags and heading off on holiday. 

Or seeing your garden in full bloom, and maybe enjoying the fruit and vegetables you've grown all by yourself!So, let’s celebrate Summer Love this week - for the people and things we care the most for - or all the things you love about a glorious Summer day.

Making an anniversary card for Hubby  is always a bit tricky for me - I have no idea why I find it so hard though!

I think I try too hard and should just keep it simple, but once I start sticking things together any plan to do that disappears!

Anyway I wanted to get away from my usual colours and when I found these fab digitals from Digi Treats I really wanted to use them.  Not really sure they're to Hubby's taste, but I just couldn't resist!

I was soreing through my box of 'kept' cards the other day andcame across a pocket card with a diagonal opening and thought it would be fun to make another


What I don't like about this kind of card is that you need to prop them up as they don't open in the conventional way - so I always add a fold out stand to the back of the pocket so that they can be displayed standing. 

I printed my chosen paper designs directly onto card so that I could simply cut and fold the pocket and the insert. The sentiments als came from Digi Treats and I added some colour in Paint Shop Pro to match those in the papers, I resized them to fit the insert before printing.


I loved this Key to my Heart one and was fairly sure I'd got some key chamrs in my 'Mwtal Things' box (yes, I really do have one), The lovely heart charm came from the same box.

The  sentiment in the heart at the top was a bit fiddly to get right and took a couple of goes before I finally managed to get to the right size to fit.  I used scrap pieces from the paper to make little 'potted hearts' to add to it and punched a few tiny hearts to add too

I used silver thread to attach them and added some waxed twine to prettify!

The pocket was decorated with matching card strips with a EK Success border punch edge and a piece of turquois ribbon tied around and knotted at the side

Thank you so much for coming by.
 
 Happy Crafting, Take care of yourself,
Kathy xx

 

No comments: