Friday, August 16, 2024

Vintage House and Home

  Hello!

Welcome to my little crafting place! Here's where I share the things I've been making, and sometimes other bits of waffle!

This week I managed to make a second card for the Daring Cardmakers challenge:

House and Home

Just use the phrase to inspire your crafting this week!  
Perhaps a house, bungalow, apartment....igloo?
An animal's home - nest, hutch, den?
You could make a New Home card.  
Or go inside & feature a room, or something usually found indoors
such as a sofa, desk television, food mixer....

Wherever the phrase "House and Home" takes you, we'd love to see!


Unable to use my die cutter while OH was on a call, I was browsing through the stuff that might come in useful one day (son't tell me you don't have a good boxful of it too!) and came across the bag of tiny vintage postcards that appear on my blog occasionally, alongside some altered photo frame things, which at some point I'd embossed and coloured. Most were pretty colours but one was brown and I thought would make a picture frame for the sweet wedding photograph.


I cut into the frame's aperture to make a bigger, squarer space that would fit the picture, then coated with glue and added some gold gilding flakes.  Once dry I brushed off the excess and a bit more, to give a more distressed appearance. The picture was added and some gold twine for the hanger.
Also in the box I found a K&Co mini album kit I've never got round to using.  The vintage colours and designs would be perfect for a wallpaper background.  The upper section of the card was lighlty inked for a rag-rolled effect. then a strip of a matching design for the 'dado' rail.  The cute little layered embellishment was also in the book kit and seemed the perfect match for the picture.
 

 Very different from mu usual makes, I think, but I quite like to break out occasionally! Checking through that box of 'stuff' is always a good idea, both to refesh my memory of what's in there and to spark some inspiration!
 
 
Thank you so much for coming by.
 
 Happy Crafting, Take care of yourself,
Kathy xx


No comments: