Friday, August 16, 2024

House and Home

 

 Hello!

Welcome to my little crafting place! Here's where I share the things I've been making, and sometimes other bits of waffle!

Friday is Daring Cardmakers Day and this week the challenge is:

House and Home

Just use the phrase to inspire your crafting this week!  
Perhaps a house, bungalow, apartment....igloo?
An animal's home - nest, hutch, den?
You could make a New Home card.  
Or go inside & feature a room, or something usually found indoors
such as a sofa, desk television, food mixer....

Wherever the phrase "House and Home" takes you, we'd love to see!


I bought a'a few' wax seal stampers from 'Hey Little Magpie' a few weeks back and thought this challenge would be a good opportunity to use one of them on a card.  What I love about HLM is that you can buy just the stamp head - having accumulated more of the handles than I'll ever need (in most cases stamps and handles are interchangeable so you don't need a handle for each stamp), I'm very happy not to get any more!
 
 
 
 The houses are tiny - less than 2 cms tall, and I made them by first pouring the lilac/aqua/blue wax to the stamp and cutting these out,  Next I heated red wax for the roof, replaced the house shape into the stamp and poured a little wax into the roof area and a little over the house shape to join the two sections together.  I just used scissors to cut away any excess wax.
For the little frames I used four layers of white card - the same as the card itself.  I've found that if I glue two layers together my die cutter is happy to cut through simple dies like these nested squares, which means they are more stable when you stick the next double frame on top
 

The three frames were added to the card, then the houses adhered with wax seal sricky circles cut down to fit.  I just hand cut the trees, then added a simple sentiment.  I managed to stop myself adding anything else (it's always hard, you know!)  because I actually liked the simplicity of the design
  
 
Thank you so much for coming by.
 
 Happy Crafting, Take care of yourself,
Kathy xx


No comments: