Monday, May 15, 2023

Crowning Glory




 Hello

Thanks for visiting. 
 
 I’m sharing my card for this week’s Daring Cardmakers Challenge today, and it's my turn this time, so with all the pomp of last week's coronation shenanigans still in mind...
 Crowning Glory
The phrase Crowning Glory is often used to describe that extra bit of panache 
that makes something look realty special! 
I'd like to see that reflected on your cards this week.
So as we've just celebrated the coronation of King Charles III, you could add a crown to your cards, or perhaps your 'Crowning Glory' will be a fabulous hairstyle or a wonderfully flamboyant hat. or something spectacular that adds extra pizazz.  
 
I made a card for a baby girl's first birthday and added a little crown - they are all little princesses (or princes) at that age, aren't they?

For the base card I used a smooth white square and sliced off a couple of cms to make a fat rectangle.  Next I cut another piece of the same cardstock and embossed it using the lovely Orange Peel Quilt embossing folder from Spellbinders.  It makes a perfect background for a baby quilt look, as my photos don't show the effect very well I'm adding a picture you can click on to see more clearly!

I die cut the Hunkydory teddy several times so that I could used various pieces to build up some dimension. The silver crown is from the same Hunkdory set, but I cut it down to fit the teddy then added some gems and a glitter card pink heart
 I added the number and 'TODAY' cut from silver card then made a little banner to finish the card

Thank you so much for coming by. 

Please note that if you use any of the Spellbinders direct links I may receive a small commission - it doesn't cost you anything at all but its a nice treat for me!

 Happy Crafting, Take care of yourself, 



No comments: