Friday, January 07, 2022

January Elemental Inspiration Challenge

 

  Hello! Happy New Year!

I hope you had a beautiful Christmas.  Once I'd finally finished my last card (foe Hubby and stuck the last tags on presents I didn't so much as sit at my craft desk till this week.  It was the state of it that put me off  - I couldn't face making a start on putting all that Christmas mess away.  Of course it has to be done and I managed to put most of it back in its rightful place earlier this week - but I still have a few dies that need purring back in their 'homes' and a few new ones to find homes for.

So I ended up moving some things aside so that I could get on with the first   Daring Cardmakers challenge of 2022
  

January Elemental Inspiration Challenge
t's Shabneez here to share a chilly sort of mood-board, with a colour palette a bit different to all those Christmas colours we've been using.  Not that you have to use these colours of course!

 

I've chosen a cool, ethereal and textural mood-board to inspire your crafting at the start of this new year.  
Just choose at least 3 elements from the picture to use when you make
your card.  As usual if you use the colour combo it counts as 1 element 
 
 I chose the Layout, the soft muted tones of one of the square pictures and the grasses to use on my card

 Info
 
I made the background first using a piece of smooth white card then lots of inks, applied with scraps of dampened old wet-wipes - I keep any that aren't too filthy to reuse for inky, blending jobs like this - it makes me feel better about using them in the first place!
Here's how it turned out
Next I chopped it up into the squares and rectangles I needed for the layout and glued them to my base card
I found a couple of pieces of pale gold card in different finishes and die cut the grasses from a plain soft sheen card and the twiggy stems from some very fine glitter card
To finish I used a dark blue card to cut 'Thank You' using my new (Christmas present) Spellbinders sentiments die set.
 
 
Thank you so much for coming by, it would be fab to hear what you think of this one.
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe,




 

1 comment:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your card is gorgeous. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie