Thursday, December 23, 2021

Baubles and Brights

 

    Hello!

I'm late with my DCM card this week.  For one reason and another its been a bit of a frantic week, but despite plans having to be thrown out of the window Christmas comes and sometimes we just have to roll with the the changes. 
I hope all is well with you and your Christmas is full of love, peace and joy

And now for my last Daring Cardmakers card pf the year!

We're now at the final challenge of our 
 "Have Yourself a Crafty Little Christmas"
 series for 2021
wk 7:  Baubles, Boxes and Bows
Three things beginning with B - you can choose one of them or all three to feature when you make your project this week!
Maybe make a bauble to put in a box and decorate with a bow!
Remember it doesn't have to be Christmas themed, and it can be a card or anything else you're inspired to get crafty and make.
We'll leave this challenge open until we return on 7th January 2022 after our Christmas break, but before we go we'd like to thank you for joining in with us all year, and to wish you a 
Very Happy and Peaceful Christmas
I didn't have very long to get my card done this week, but I did need to make a card to fit alongside a gift in a quite small box, so I was able to join those two tasks together and make this
 
 The background rectangles were stencilled with bright coloured inks using a stencil made by cutting the shape I needed from a piece of acetate
The gold 'joy' frame is an old Memory Box one that I haven't used yet this year so it was good to give it an airing!
 
 The baubles are the smallest ones from a couple of different sets. I cut them iun different finishes of gold card and added a punched snowflake to one and some tiny stars to the other.
Now I cut this panel down to fit my card and before gluing down I added the gold thread hangers/
To finish, I added a few tiny stars punched from different kinds of gold card
 
 

Thank you so much for coming by, please don't go without leaving a little message, I do love to hear from you.  
Or maybe I really am just talking to myself
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe, 
 
Have a Wonderful Christmas


1 comment:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie