Friday, January 28, 2022

In the Frame

 


Hello!
Hope you've had a good week.
I've been feeling a bit sorry for myself as I've got a cold, but getting through the Winter without one would be a bit of a miracle, I suppose!

This week it was Nat's turn to choose a challenge for the  Daring Cardmakers it took me most of the week to make my card as this cold has made me feel very tired and headachy.  I was late posting because I just didn't have the energy to stick the last few dots on and photograph it, so that was this morning;s job.
 

In the Frame

It's Nat here, ready to set my first dare for 2022!

I want you to feature a frame on your card.

You can use it to spotlight a sentiment or image, or you can go the whole hog with a large frame that showcases your entire card design.

It's totally up to you!

To help get your creative cogs turning, here are the lovely projects the design team has made:
 

Info
I've used a smooth white card blank, but trimmed about 1.5 cmx off the edge to make a more interesting fat rectangle shape. To add some texture to the background I part-embossed the card front with Cuttlebug's Distressed Stripes folder - an old one, but still a favourite! By placing the folder and card at an angle on the platform I was able to get a diagonal embossing on the the left of the card/
The frame is created using a couple of nested rectangles form Tonic.  The backing piece is a remnant left over from my card for January's Inspiration challenge card.
For the flowers I inked one side of a piece of thin white card in yellow shades and the other in peach tones, then die cut the  petals using a Hunkydory die set..  For the leaves I used a couple of different dies and shades of green inked card. s

The sentiment is another of my pc generated ones and the tiny dots are the 'waste' from using a border punch on gold glitter card and the scraps of that used for the flower
 Hopefully you can see the embossing better on the photo below



 
Thank you so much for coming by
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe, 



4 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I love it. I do hope you feel better soon. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Handmade by Natty said...

Gorgeous card Kathy - I love the contrast of the vibrant colours and striking frame against the textured white background. Fab! Hope you are soon feeling better!x

Angelnorth said...

Love he effect of the partial embossing for textural interest behind your striking floral frame Kathy, lovely card!

Shabneez said...

PC generated sentiment is a good idea. I used to use them a lot. Beautiful card and hope you are feeling brighter. Shabneez x