Friday, January 21, 2022

Think of a Number

Hello!
Hope you've had a good week - its been pretty chilly here - we've had a frosty start to every morning. but a bit of sunshine occasionally too.  Lots of very clear moon-y nights too.

This week was my turn to choose a challenge for the   Daring Cardmakers 
 
Think of a Number
I'd like you to make one or more numerals the stars of your card in some way this time. 
It could be for one of those 'special number' birthdays or anniversaries. using a background formed from numbers or perhaps you could even make a number shaped card.
 
Info
I've used digital papers from the Rockstar set by . via Etsy for this 16th birthday card, they were resized and printed onto white Bazzill card. 
I also gave my Silhouette Cameo an airing for the first time in a couple of years - with hubby working full time from home now and in the same room as me and my noisy gadgets I've avoided using the ones that take the longest time.  But this time I wanted supersized numerals so managed to be organised enough to download the papers and set up the Cameo to cut all the number layers at the weekend!
The numbers were cut three times in navy blue and once in the patterned cardstock
The base card was covered in a drums and guitars design and the numerals glued in place.
I added some silvery threads across the top and some stars punched from matching  colours, plus the happy birthday sentiment
Finally I die-cut the letters SAM from a couple of layers of white card and a top silver layer. and inked around the edge of the card with black ink for a bit of teenage grunginess

 
Thank you so much for coming by
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe, 
 

2 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

Great Idea Kathy! Shabneez x