Friday, August 21, 2020

Picture-Perfect Baby


Hello
The weather here continues to be weird.  We;ve had the baking hot, the ferocious thunder and lightning and even a couple of chilly days.  Today there seems to be a gale blowing out there.  OH has been out to check the tomato plants are safely tied in. just in case.....
Mind you, I think its worse in other parts of the country, so if you're in one of those areas - batten down the hatches and stay safe.

I'm still struggling with a lack of crafty mojo and every thing I make seems to be hard work. I do have cards I need to make though, and I'm hoping that a nudge from the Daring Cardmakers might get me inspired again. 

This week it’s Miri’s turn to set the challenge:


Picture-Perfect
I want to see picture-perfect cards 😊!
Use a photo camera, a picture frame, a Polaroid layout,
 an actual photograph or anything picture/photo related on your card.

Click here to see this week's design team inspiration

 When some kind of photo challenge comes up on The
Daring Cardmakers I usually go straight to the holiday photos we have stored on the pc for suspiration, but I thought I should try to do something different for a change. I couldn't find what I was looking for in my various 'useful stuff' boxes, but I did find a sheet of photo images I bought years ago, and decided to make use of one of them to make a new baby card.
 

Info
Fat rectangle white card blank
Grey and White paper from an old Fancy Pants 12x12 set
It's an 'Eclipse' card so the paper was cut to size, then the BABY letters (Lawn Fawn alphabet set), cut out and all the bits saved for later
I inked the card in the area where the letters would be in yellow before adhering the paper in place.
I cut each letter 4 more times in white card, glued them together in stacks and inked the edges in yellow. Next the cut out striped letters were glued to the top of the stacks and the tiny cut out pieces added to the reverse of the letters where applicable - I just use a tiny piece of sticky tape for this, The chunky letters were then glued in their positions on the card.
The photo card was matted onto yellow and grey card before adhering to the card. 
Finally. different sizes of stars were cut from yellow and turquoise card and folded to make them 3D


Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when people take the time to leave a message!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe

2 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card I love it. That photo is gorgeous. I hope you find your crafty inspiration. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

what a lovely baby theme card today!