Sunday, August 16, 2020

Peek-a-Boo Secret Message

Hello
What's the weather like where you are?  As I write this, there's a ferocious thunderstorm going on here - over the last few days we've had several of them, but before that  it was days and days of seriously hot and very, very muggy. We never seem to get days that are hot, but dry - just those hot and humid kind, the ones that leave you needing to wring your whole self out!
I've had several crafting disasters and false starts this week, so I'm very late with my card for the Daring Cardmakers
Consequently, he bin has seen a lot of action, as has my bad  temper.  So I'll keep this short.
It's Nat here bringing you the details of this week's Daring Cardmakers challenge.

I want to see you make a card with some sort of opening element!
It could be: A lift-up flap. a surprise element (e.g., a tear-away section to reveal a sentiment, an interactive moving wheel, a pull tab with something that pops up)
Or simply a clever use of an aperture

My Peek-a-boo element is a pull out secret message strip attached to the flower section of the pot and pulled out using the plant stick
 
Info
Card blank made from 2 shades of blue cardstock
Blue dotty pattern panel is a scrap leftover from another poject
Blue organza ribbon tied around and a bow added
Plant pot is from a Papercraft Society die set as are the leaves, Flowers are an old Die'Namics set
Punched squares and hearts to decorate the plant pot
Small white pearls for flower centres and to highlight the ribbon and add a little bling to the sentiment tag
Plant Stick cut using a candy cane die and finished with dotty pink ribbon

Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when people take the time to leave a message!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe

4 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. It is just so pretty. I love the surprise element. Have a good week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a very beautiful card Kathy
Gr Karin

Handmade by Natty said...

Well despite all the action your bin has seen, I'm glad this one passed muster! Because it is stunning. :D Beautiful colours and elements plus a nifty bit of engineering. x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Super cute Kathy, I love the wonderful die cuts you used. Just perfect