Saturday, August 29, 2020

In the Garden



Hello
I do hope you are keeping safe and well. 
 As those 'in power' are as much in the dark as the rest of us and we can't be sure who is pulling their strings (is it really safe, or is it the various sponsors and the loud business leaders who are the ones pushing the government's buttons?) I'm a cynic when it comes to politicians - I don't think there is a single one of them who isn't more concerned about themselves than you or me, whatever they say.
Yes we want to help businesses survive the crisis, but not by putting ourselves at risk. It's so hard to know what to do for the best these days.  
I'm a bit late again with my Daring Cardmakers project - Hubby and I share the room which is both study and craft room.  Most of the time its fine and its nice spending time there together, even if we're not chatting all the time!  But when he's on conference calls and I want to play with my 'noisy toys' it can be tricky 😕, and this week, there were a lot of calls and crafting had to fit between.
Anyway,  it’s Shabneez who set the challenge and its a lovely one!


In the Garden
"I’ve been spending a lot of time in the garden
lately and so I’d like to see creations with
something from your garden, window box,
windowsill or maybe the garden of your
dreams on it!"
Click here to see this week's design team inspiration
 I decided to look back to Spring time, when my fabulous, flamboyant peonies are in bloom so, once I'd managed to fit in some paper punch noises, some die-cutting noises and some digi printing noises here's what I came up with.

Info
Fat rectangle white card blank, with fold on the side 
Digital papers in are from a set called Pink Peonies from the Alphabet Store, via Etsy 
I inked paper on both sides using various shades of pink ink and used a couple of sizes of petals from a paper punch to create the flower 
More inked paper was used to die-cut the lovely twining leaves, 
die set by Spellbinders  
To finish I added a pc generated sentiment.  As you can see, I'm still loving adding a touch of black and white to everything!



Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when people take the time to leave a message!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe

5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. It is just so pretty. I have a similar problem to you when it comes to printing. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautifullllllll Kathy
Gr Karin

Andree said...

A wonderful card Kathy. Lovely papers and feature flower.
I agree with you regarding the politicians. Stay safe xx

Shabneez said...

Fabulous creation Kathy - perfect for the challenge. Shabneez x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

what a pretty flower, great die cuts!