Saturday, August 27, 2022

Long Things!

 

 Hello

This week Joanne set the Daring Cardmakers Challenge, and its a really fun one!
Monday is a Bank Holiday here in the UK so that means it’s a long weekend. Use the idea of “long” to make your card. It might be the card shape (long and thin), an image of something long (dachshund dogs! soft drinks!), something representing a long journey or a long time (a map, a bird that migrates…), anything you can think of inspired by the idea of “long”!

 Here is where you can see the Design Team: inspiration

 


I decided to make graduated zig zag fold card and used new baby dies from CraftStashUK along with some beautiful, but old SEI papers (does SEI even exist any-more?)

It did take longer to put together than I anticipated, and as I currently have a bad back sitting for any length of time is an issue didn't help!  There's a lot of die cutting involved as I wanted to add extra layers of different colours it took flipping ages to do - timing cutting between OH's work calls adds to the time scale.

Anyway, getting the card made was only part of my troubles this week.  Turns out this card is just impossible to get a decent photo of.  I took loads, both with my little studio set up, and with my phone and they were all rubbish.  This morning I called in OH to help and even he struggled to get something half-way acceptable. 

So I've decided to just post a whole bunch of pics, the best of a bad lot and hope you get the idea - its better in real life, I promise!



Thank you so much for coming by

 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe, 


 
Standing with Ukraine


1 comment:

Angelnorth said...

Fabulous take on the theme Kathy, so much lovely detail to see here — it must have taken ages to put together!