Friday, August 05, 2022

August Elemental Inspiration

 

 Hello

 
It's Daring Cardmakers day again so here's this week's challenge
 
August Elemental Inspiration Challenge
 
 
Nat here today, and as it's the first Friday of the month, 
it's the return of our Elemental Inspiration challenge.
You need to incorporate three elements from the image below on your card, and the colours count as one element.
We can't wait to see how you are inspired. 
A good chance to revisit the colours of Ukraine where although its fallen further down in the News headlines Putin and his cohorts continue to wreak devastation and destruction on a country that they have no business to be stomping about it.

So I've used the basket weave pattern, leaves and flower along with the colours from Nat's mood-board,  for my card today. 
 And just in case anyone from the Ukraine comes across this - you're not forgotten.

The background for the card is a basket weave pattern stencilled in blue ink
in a nod to the patchwork of different patterns on the mood board I added an inked blue panel, over-stencilled with leaves in a darker blue ink
The filigree leaves are die cut using a Spellbinders die from inked green card
The flower has die cut petals and a hand cut centre - it would also have been die cut if my OH hadn't been on yet another long Teams call so that I couldn't use my ebosser! 
To complete I used one of my home made decal sentiments and a few enamel dots

 Thank you so much for coming by

 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe, 

 
Standing with Ukraine


No comments: