Tuesday, August 13, 2019

A Pot Full of Flowers


Hello!

I hope you're having a good Tuesday - it's been dry here all day so far, and yesterday we didn't even have any thunder - I was beginning to think it was now mandatory to have at least half an hour of thunder rumbling away each day!

A couple of weeks ago my lovely neighbour was rather poorly so I thought I'd make a card to send some Get Well Soon wishes through her letterbox. Today I'm finally getting round to sharing it on here.
The structural part of the card is made using one of Karen Burniston's pop up card die sets, but I used a different die set to make the flowers.



Info
The flower pot was made first; I used red Bazzill card and digital design (info below) for the pot. then lots of scraps of card for all the flowers.
The flowers were created with various flower dies, but mainly those from Hunkydory's Moonstone "Fabulous Flowers" die set.

For the card base:
I've used a few of the papers from the
Cherry and Mint In Bloom Digital paper download set printed onto white Bazzill card, plus a base card made from green Bazzill card.  
Usually I use a heavier weight for card blanks, but this was going to have more layers and needed to fold (relatively) flat so I started with something thinner.

The Sentiment panel was created by cropping one of the paper designs to the shape I needed, then using Paint Shop Pro to create the box for the text and the Get Well Soon message.  Once that was all done, I resized the whole thing to fit the space on my card and printed it out.
The pop up is really clever, you just need to be careful and make sure all the flowers tuck inside when the card is closed.
Here it is half closed
I made a slide on/off Belly Band to keep the card closed and decorated it with more flowers and leaves.
All the patterned papers i used were from the digital paper set mentioned above.
Here's the closed card
My neighbour loved the card, and I'm happy to say she's up and about and almost fully recovered now.
I love this pop up and used it again to make another card which I'll share soon!




That's my lot for today, thanks for visiting

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

o wow Kathy this is gorgeous and what a great design love it.

gr karin

Jackie T said...

Oh Kathy this is a stunning card you made for your neighbour. That was such a kind gesture. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Oh wow so very stunning. Just amazed at this project

Angelnorth said...

Great bit of paper engineering, the flower pot looks really sturdy in its popped up state! Lovely idea for a get well card, this would be great for folk in hospital situations where real flowers are not allowed, too. Lovely card Kathy, glad it provided a bit of cheer and your neighbour seems to be on the mend.