Friday, August 16, 2019

Dib, Dab, Dob, Splish, Splash, Splosh


 Hello!

I hope you're having a great Friday, its sunshine and showers all the way around here today.


As usual, on Fridays it's Daring Cardmakers day and this time it's Joanne in the Challenge Setter's Seat


Splish, Splash, Splosh
It's Joanne here this week and I'd like to see you get loose and unstructured with watercolours, inks or paints to create a focal point, background or accents for your project - sploosh, spray and splatter to your heart's content! It can be a little bit scary when you're not in total control of the results but it's fun to let go and remind yourself there's no right or wrong every once in a while!
Click HERE to see what the team made this week 
 

Info
I started by applying lots of water over a piece of watercolour card.
Next I chose four Distress Oxide colours and using bunched up scraps of old wet wipe I dabbed the colours on randomly until the card was covered, dried it off with a heat gun.


 Using one of my favourite die sets from Spellbinders (its actually part of a set for making a little book) I cut the fancy aperture into a plain white card blank. Then the inked panel was cut to size and glued inside the card.
For the butterflies I used the spare strip of inked card and a piece of textured gold card from Craft Perfect. The butterfly dies are from 2 different sets one by Hunkydory and the other by Couture Creations - both are fab because they have a plain shape and a fancy one. 
To complete I used another Spellbinders die to cut the swirly 'with love' in gold card - because the loops remind me of a butterfly's flight path! Finally I added some teeny circles cut using the berries from a holly die set - which I use more for things like this than for making holly!
 


We'd love to have you join in with us this week, just click on the Daring Cardmakers link to find out more

Thanks for looking in today

Happy Crafting!


3 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Love the colourful haze behind the crisp filigree die cut Kathy and the holly berry dots are a perfect finishing touch!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

so stunning love that background and the die cuts

Rose Andrew said...

Gorgeous card... love the card and details . pretty .
Take Care
Hugs Rose