Friday, August 09, 2019

1,2,3,4,5 but I didn't Catch a Fish Alive!

 

Hello!
It's been blowing a hoolie out there all day today, and we've had a couple of squally showers.  I know the forecast for some areas is pretty awful, so I hope you all stay safe. 

This week it's my turn to set the challenge for The Daring Cardmakers and it goes like this:


1,2,3,4,5

This week I'd like you to make cards using 1 of something, 2 of something, 
3 of something, 4 of something and 5 of something. 
 It sounds tricky, but once you get your head around the idea, you'll be just fine!
 eg. 1 image, 2 colours, 3 flowers, 4 brads, 5 gems
Go on, challenge yourself, I dare you!
Click here to see what the team made and what they used.
My 1,2,3,4,5 things were 1 word, 2 butterflies, 3 pearls, 4 poppies, 5 patterned papers



Info
White card blank
Die-cut hexagons cut from 5 of the designs in the Seaside Chic and Ice Cream Social digital paper sets from Raspberry Road via Etsy.  I used 2 hexagons from each of my chosen papers to create a bit of a random background
The 4 poppies (3 fully open plus 1 just opening😉) were cut from red and green card scraps, with a bit of added inking.  The die set is by Joanna Sheen
The word is also die cut, I think its a Sue Wilson die, but not absolutely sure
the 2 butterflies were die cut using the smallest in a Memory Box butterfly Trio using scraps of the same patterned papers
To finish I added 3 turquoise pearl gems behind the pink butterfly


I would love it if you'd have a go at my challenge this week - you can join in with us by leaving a link to your creations over on the Daring Cardmakers blog, then I can come over to visit you and leave a comment. Thanks for looking in today

Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Love the patchwork of hexagons behind the striking poppies, great card Kathy!

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a very beautiful card Kathy

gr karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. I love the idea of that challenge. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Beautiful! I love your use of pattern and color in the background, as well as your 3-D application of the flowers. Thanks for your visit to my blog and blessings!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

So very beautiful, love the card design