Friday, June 16, 2023

Sorry Sir!

 

  Hello
Thanks for visiting. 
 
As usual on Fridays I’m sharing my card for this week’s Daring Cardmakers Challenge, and this week it's Dawn's turn to set the theme!

Make It Masculine

As it is fathers day on 18th June I would like to see a masculine card to celebrate the men folk.  It doesn't have to be for fathers day but I know we all struggle with a more masculine card so lets have some made for the card stash.

    Click Here for some Manly Makes  from the design team
 

 I had a really disorganised and 'out of sorts' time a few weeks ago and felt as bot guilty about not getting cards into the post - although in most cases I'd already made them! I ended up also needing a 'belated' birthday card for a man, so I put this one together.  I was inspired by a digital paper collection I found on Etsy to go with a Steampunk/ hipster kind of vibe

In fact most of this card was created on the pc, starting with paper from this collection by ILoveDigi
Printing onto a textured white card gives it a lovely fabric look
 
Next I used my graphics program (Paint Shop Pro) and some icons to create the hat and moustache on a blank white background, leaving a big space below for the text, I then copied and pasted the moustache a couple of extra times to make sure they were exactly the same size for adding dimension later.
 
Now I added in the text, and 'drew' the black line frame around that and the picture section and resized for printing.  So here's what I printed out

Once printed I cut around the black line frame, leaving a narrow margin.  I hand cut the extra moustache shapes and glued them in place, putting glue only on the centre line and bending out the ends for dimension

Thank you so much for coming by

 Happy Crafting, Take care of yourself, 
 
Kathy x

 

1 comment:

Dawn said...

WOW, this is fab. I love how you created the card on your computer. x