Friday, June 09, 2023

Coming up Roses

 

 Hello

Thanks for visiting. 
 
As usual on Fridays I’m sharing my card for this week’s Daring Cardmakers Challenge, and this week it's Joanne's turn to inspire us!

Everything's Coming up Roses 
 
As roses are one of the two birth flowers for June, this week I’d like to see roses somewhere on your project.
 If you’re not in the mood for flowers there’s another way to play; Yellow roses symbolise friendship so include yellow in your colour palette with any image or technique you like as a nod to crafty friendships. 
Extra brownie points if you manage both and show us yellow roses!

    Click Here for yellow and Rosy examples from the design team
 

For the base card I used a smooth white square

The grungy distressed stripes were created using a stencil.  I taped it in place then applied PVA with my finger through the stripes. After removing and cleaning the stencil I added gilding flakes over the glue and left it to dry before removing excess flakes with a stiff brush.

For the roses I used a small die set that I've had for ages and can't remember where it came from!  I like this one because there are 5 identical sized petal sets on the die - so you can cut all your need for each rose in one cut! The flower shapes were cut from a piece of thin card inked on both sides. 

The stems, and other green parts were cut from scraps of green card and paper.

I decided to stick to green for the sentiment so created a new strip of green sentiments on the pc and printed them out.  So I need to make more things that need green finishing touches now!

To complete the card I added a few enamel dots and a gold thread bow

 

Thank you so much for coming by

 Happy Crafting, Take care of yourself, 
 
 
 Thank you so much for coming by
 Happy Crafting, Take care of yourself, 

 

No comments: