Friday, June 23, 2023

Ladybird, Ladybird Fly Away Home...



   Hello
Thanks for visiting. 
 
This week I’m sharing my card for Shabneez's Daring Cardmakers Challenge and we're out in the garden playing with creepy-crawlies and fluttery, flying critters!

Shabneez says:

I have been spending a lot of time in the garden recently so I decided to incorporate it into my challenge this week. 

Garden Bugs

It's the time of year when a variety of bugs visit gardens so I'd love to see which bugs are in yours! 

   Click Here for some Manly Makes  from the design team
 
I started by folding a rectangular card with a top fold, which I embossed with an ancient Cuttlebug brick wall patterned folder
On a separate panel of the same card I stencilled a circle using Nuvo mousse.
I was a bit stuck for 'bug' dies - I only have a couple of suitable sets and I've used them so often I needed a change! So I came up with a plan to make some tiny ladybirds using Card Candy - I have loads of the stuff but rarely use it - not really sure where it all came from tbh!
AI used one black and one red Card Candy dome for each ladybird, plus an extra smaller card circle for the head. 
To assemble I glued the small black circle to the underside of the larger one, leaving just a small section sticking out for the head part. Next I cut the red circle in half and glued in place over the black 'body' leaving a space between them. I used a die that has really tiny circles on it to cut the spots and glued them on to finish
 
 
The flower dies are all from Spellbinders; the large daisy head is from an old set 
but the stem and small flower head are from a fabulous Garden Builder set I bought recently - look at all the stuff you get in this set!
Once I'd arranged all my die cuts and ladybirds I glued them in place on the small white panel and adhered this to the brick background.
I added some dewdrop stones for extra interest, then used one of the green and white sentiments I made a couple of weeks ago tucking some coils of red thread to match the ladybird wings under one end and another tiny flower on top
 
 
Please note that if you use any of the Spellbinders direct links in this post I may receive a small commission - it doesn't cost you anything at all but its a nice treat for me!

Thank you so much for coming by

 Happy Crafting, Take care of yourself,  

Kathy x



No comments: