Saturday, July 09, 2022

Cards with Attitude!

 Hello
I hope you’ve had a good week 
It's my turn to set the Daring Cardmakers Challenge for this week
Cards with Attitude!
 I often find myself in a bit of a card-making rut, making the same square or rectangular cards, using the same kind of layouts and embellishments etc
 - and hey, they work so why not? 
 But sometimes its good to break out of that rut and that's what I'd like you to do this week
I would love to see cards with some 'Attitude' this week. The kind that surprise the recipient by being a bit different from regular flat(ish) squares and rectangles we all like to make.
For example; box cards, pop-ups, shaped cards, cards with unusual folds, cards that rock, cards with secret compartments.
You could even use this challenge to experiment and have a go at a kind of card you've never made before!
Go on, it'll be fun!

 

I needed a card for my nephew’s birthday and as I’ve been meaning to use this fab die to make a masculine card this seemed the perfect opportunity .

Info

The die set is by Crafters Companion and consists of one die to cut the base card and one to cut the letters for the upper layer.

I cut the base card in a 360gsm navy cardstock and was pleased that the die cut both layers of the card with no trouble.

Next I printed out some deigns from one of my favourite masculine colour palettes of an old Funky Hand digital set and cut out the letters individually. The HAPPY section is a single die but it’s easy enough to place the paper so you can trim down to the individual letters.to make it easier to arrange the letters and add a little definition, I cut the HAPPY  die from plain white card, then glued the patterned letters in place before adhering the whole upper layer onto the card base.

The BIRTHDAY sentiment is attached with box hinges to the letters behind so that it stands out but folds flat for mailing.

I finished the card with a few punched gold stars.


 Thank you so much for coming by

 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe, 




 
Standing with Ukraine



No comments: