Friday, December 10, 2021

Time to Trim Those Trees

 

   Hello!
hope all is well with you and your Christmas preparations are going well too.

 
"Have Yourself a Crafty Little Christmas"
 
Challenge this week, our theme is
Trim the Tree
We'd love to see some trees on this week's projects, please!
Christmas Trees or Wonderful Winter Landscapes. One tree
or a whole forest.  Oaks, Pines, Palms .....
Remember it doesn't have to be Christmas themed, and can be a
card or anything else you're inspired to get crafty and make 
 
I've made a bit of a forest this week but my trees aren't all on the same card. I'll share a couple of them today and save more for another day, so please pop back to see them.
 
Card 1
 
 
The background is stencilled with both Snow and Indian Gold embellishing mousse - I like the soft variation of colour I get using the two shades.  The stencil is home-made - just a rough squarish shape cut out from a piece of acetate.  I save the plastic packaging from die sets to make these simple hand-cut stencils - its good to get another 'life' out of this kind of stuff, isn't it?
 
The trees are die cut from black glitter card and from soft sheen gold card.
'JOY' is one of my home0made sentiments and its finished off with a multi loop gold thread bow.
To complete the card I added a few black and fold gems from a sheet I found at the back of a drawer when I was looking for something else! 😂

Card 2
I've used the same die (I cut loads of these in different colours so there are more cards to be made!)
These were cut in a variety of aqua shades and different card finishes and glued them down in a 'dancing trees' kind of arrangement. Next I used some of the cut out waste bits to fill in a few of the loops - not sure if I this this or not though.
I've been on a bit of a mission to use some of the lovely Washi tape I find it hard to resist buying, so I've used some to add the borders here - plus a few narrow strips of card if I didn't have a suitable match.
 
The sentiment is a home-made decal sticker and again I added a thread loopy bow, this time in silver.  To complete there are punched stars in various sizes
 

I hope you like them!

Thank you so much for coming by, please don't go without leaving a little message, I do love to hear from you.  
Or maybe I really am just talking to myself
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe,
 




2 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful Kathy

Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your cards are gorgeous. I love them. Take care. Hugs Jackie