Friday, March 12, 2021

Plant a Flower Day

 

Hello
 
Hope your week has gone well and you're managing not to get too blown away!  Its been really blustery here for the last few days and a mixture of rain and the kind of bright sunshine that makes you squint!

Getting straight to this week's Daring Cardmakers challenge as I'm late with my blog post again. Its our lovely Jenny in the challenge-setters chair this time;

🌻🌼 "Plant a Flower Day" 🌼🌻so

and so to honour this I would love to see project showing your favourite flowers.  

I find it difficult to pick just one but as spring is just around the corner in Scotland we have lots of snowdrops popping up and they are definitely one of my favourites.  
Click here to see this week's design team inspiration 

Well. my favourite flower changes almost as often as I change my socks so I thought I'd tweak the challenge slightly and use my favourite set of flower dies and some lovely Spring colours with them to make my card 
 
 Info
I started by trimming the edge from a plain square card blank
Next I created a striped design for the digital paper using Paint Shop Pro, and chose a nice Spring green for the stripes. 
Once it had been resized and printed out (I printed a whole square so that I had some left for another project) I cut a wavy line using a Spellbinders edging die and adhered it to the lower half of the card.
For the flowers I inked up some very thin white card on both sides then cut the various petals using my lovely Hunkydory flower die set.
The petals were shaped with a ball tool, then the layers glued together and arranged along the curve.  I added flower centres from various die sets in black, and inked more card to a toning green shade for cutting the leaves (Spellbinders die).

 I added one of the white on black sentiments I made a couple of weeks ago, and some natural twine to complete the card

Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when you do!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe


2 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. Those flowers are so pretty. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeoussssss Kathy
Gr Karin