Friday, March 19, 2021

Spring Things

 

Hello
 
Hope your week has gone well - its been typical Spring weather where I am, quite breezy at times with lots of showers and some very bright sunshine - and sometimes all at the same time.
Which ties in nicely with this week's Daring Cardmakers challenge, and its my turn to set the theme;

Spring Things

I'd love to see your cards filled with anything Spring related:
baby animals, daffodils and tulips, seasonal celebrations -blossom, warmer temperatures (or cooler if you're 'down under') or other Spring weather!
Or think a little out of the box and feature things with springs like a jack in the box, or make a card with a hidden spring mechanism

 Click here to see this week's design team inspiration  
  
Well, as it happens I'd had my eye on a cute Spellbinders greenhouse die set which was out of stock when I first saw it, so I grabbed it quick when it became available and it arrived on my doormat at the end of last week. Perfect timing really 
 Info
Smooth white square card blank
I used washi tape to mask off the border, then filled in the remaining area with Tonic Nuvo Embellishment mousse in Baby Blue mixed with some white for a paler shade. The greenhouse was cut a couple of times in dark green card, then the layers glued together. I used the little plants from the set, plus some from other sets of suitable sized plants in various shades of green card gleaned from my scraps box. I made the 'floor' of the greenhouse by using the dies as a template to cut the shape and colouring with inks. Now it was time to have some fun building up the contents of the greenhouse using the plant cut outs. Some were glued onto the blue background, others were glued toi the reverse of the greenhouse shape.  When I was happy I fixed the greenhouse to the card, using very thin strips of card to make it stand out slightly.

For the plant pots and seedlings I used mainly dies from a Sizzix set of tiny garden images.
To complete the card I added a couple of tiny flower shapes to give small pops of red, then created the black and white sentiment on the pc.
Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when you do!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe


4 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I just love that die set. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautifulllll Kathy
Gr Karin

Angelnorth said...

Yep, my intuition of fiddly was about right! All those little plants crammed in to the greenhouse look fab, I can almost smell the lush green smell you get in that kind of hothouse!

Kate said...

Such a fabulous little scene you've created!