Friday, February 12, 2021

Heartfelt

 

Hello,
 
Hope your week has gone well despite the freezing cold, wind and snow! Definitely a good reason to stay home and warm and maybe indulge in something crafty.

I'm getting straight to this week's Daring Cardmakers challenge - a little bit of love to make us all feel cosy!
SHARE THE LOVE

Its Dawn here with this weeks challenge and as its nearly Valentines Day I would like to see your cards featuring some love. It doesn't have to be just for valentines.
Think of an occasion when someone needs a little love, a hug or even just a card to show you care. Things are hard at the moment so sending a card just because you care is so needed and will be appreciated.

Info
Square white card blank, plus more matching card for die-cutting the cascading hearts and the rectangular frame twice each.

I adhered the 2 heart cascades together, then did the same with the rectangular frames. Next I glued the frame on top of the cascade and then this whole piece to the card. 
I'd saved all the little hearts from the cascade so next I chose some 'sunset' shades of ink to colour a mix of the different sizes.  To add a bit of contrast I coloured some with aqua shades. 
To apply them to the card, I used a spot of glue to the back then pushed it into the relevant sized hole and made sure it was stuck in place my rubbing a small headed ball tool around each.

I added other hearts to some of the plain white ones that form part of the cascade, then used some of the spare ones to make single heart stacks to add outside the cascade.  
The words were cut from a couple of layers of black card, then 'Love' in an embossed gold card; this was adhered just off the black layer to create a bit of a shadow
Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when people take the time to add a message!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe

 

3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I love the design it is fabulous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous design and card Kathy

Gr Karin

Angelnorth said...

You have the patience of a saint with die cuts Kathy, I’d drive myself insane chasing those tiny hearts for the inlay all over the place! Fab result though, the frame works really well to give the sentiment extra oomph!