Tuesday, February 02, 2021

Butterfly Birthday

 

 hi there

I know! 😀 its been a while since I managed a midweek blog post, and I'm definitely not expecting it to be a regular thing - I know my limitations!

Here we are in February then - not my favourite month, but its been ok so far - yes, I know its only the 2nd but I'm trying to be positive, haha!! 

As usual, I'm slow blogging the things I've made, though to be honest there's not much really recent stuff as getting back to crafting after Christmas is always hard. So I've been scrolling back through photos from the end of 2020 to find the things I missed sharing

Today I've a birthday card made for a dear friend to share.

I used a similar background design for a few of my Christmas cards and liked it so much I thought I'd adapt it for a birthday card


Info
I started by using Washi tape to create the 3-squares grid and then added the colours using various shades of Nuvo Embellishing mousse.
The Tonic Scribble Circles were cut from an embossed silver card, and the swirly sprigs (also Tonic) from a pearly pale green card
For the butterflies (Hunkydory dies), I used more Nuvo mousse to make the lower wings and plain black card for the fancy upper layers.  I added a few silver gems to the lower layer so that they show through some of the holes in the upper ones
To finish I added the sentiment and a few more tiny gems
 The Black and White elements were pc generated.
 
 That's all for today, thank you so much for visiting, I hope you'll leave a comment, You've no idea how happy it makes me when someone leaves a message!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe
    

4 comments:

jane stillman said...

It's so difficult to find motivation at the moment. This is such a gorgeous card Kathy. A great technique with the washi tape - I thought at first the coloured background squares were done with distress inks lol. Thank you for sharing and take care xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous Birthday card. I love the design. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

so beautiful Kathy
Gr Karin

Shabneez said...

The card is even better in reality and takes pride of place on my dresser! Shabneez x