Sunday, September 10, 2006

Busy Busy

Trying to get myself caught up with my blog because I'm not going to have much on-line time in the next couple of weeks. It's been a manic week, not only have I been feeling rather "under the weather" but I've got masses of things I need to do, plus I've had a lot of cards to make and get in the post for clients, friends and family - it's proving a busy month. Thank goodness there's one birthday I don't need to make a card for - my own!!!
I had an few rush orders to do - so rushed I forgot to get photos taken before they went off. One of these was for a 70th birthday card for the mother of a Swedish work colleague of Hubby's. Apparently she loved the card, but was only 69........ Let's hope the same girl's sister really is 40 or I think she's not going to be too happy when she gets her card either! And let's hope the names she gave me to put on the wedding card she ordered are correct....


Also had an anniversary card to make for another client - luckily she's a bit more reliable with her info. I was really pleased with that card - shame I forgot to take the photo.

Here are a some others I've done for September - they all use the same basic template - it's proved useful with so many to do.




House-wise, Hubby's been painting the front guest room. It was a very deep blue on one wall and a slightly less deep blue on the others and has proved a pig to cover. after two coats of white there is still a faint blue tinge, but I think it's almost ready for the vanilla top coat - though that'll have to wait now too. Check out what the walls looked like when he ran out of paint!

Last weekend we spoke to the guy who did a bit of work for us at the old house about some fencing, topping out some trees and getting some turfing done. Then we went to look at sofas - finally got round to ordering them yesterday so hopefully they'll be here before Christmas. We're getting 2 sofas (like the pic) and an armchair . They are by the Italian company Natuzzi and ours will be dark blue leather. Can't wait.

We've even started on the "Get Bathroom Sorted" campaign and yesterday saw a builder and plumber to get the first of the quotes underway - now I need to see more people about this.


Last is a photo especially for Janine. I loved reading your blog entry about the old wedding photos you've been looking through. This one is of my Great Uncle Len and his bride Olive on their wedding day. I know I have more photos, but can't find them at the moment.

OK, it might be a while before I get any more blogging done, but I'll be back as soon as possible, and till then - behave yourselves and I'll catch up with you all soon.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Waves to Kathy...hello. Wow what a busy time you have had. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Um how can someone forget details about birthdays etc. If you weren't sure surely you would check(her not you). Anyway love the cards.

Love that couch by the way. Oh a new suite, I wold love a new suite. Roll on December - what a nice present to look forward too.

Don't ya just hate running out of paint. Oh I can't wait to see teh room again with its vanilla coat.

Love Love Love that photo, doesn't Olive look stunning. Great Uncle Len doesn't look too bad either.

Tkare care Kathy.