Friday, September 08, 2006

Ancestry Challenge!

I've been tagged by Kathy Pitt, well, I guess it was about time we had another challenge going around :-)

1. Which famous person would you most like to learn that you are descended from?

AA Milne - because I love his Winnie the Pooh stories and would have appreciated being related to him in the way his son Christopher Robin didn't seem to....


2. Which famous person would you hate to learn that you are descended from?

Any of a number of despicable characters. I hope that even if I am decended from someone like that, that my own life wouldn't reflect the way they acted.


3. If you could be ancestor to any living famous person, who would it be and why?

I think I'd be proud to be an ancestor of someone like Bob Geldoff. He really grabbed the world by the scruff of it's neck and demanded some action over poverty in Africa. OK so there's still a long way to go, but you've got to admire the way he's motivated so many to try and make things better.


4. If you could go back in time and meet any known ancestor(s) of yours, who would it be?
OK this one I'm actually answering first because it's the easiest - I'd like to have the chance to speak to my 4 Grandparents about their parents and grandparents - because by the time I decided to do my family history they were all dead and I didn't get to quiz them about our history.

5. Tag five others: Jo, Kel, Lythan, Lisababe, Rachel

2 comments:

Lythan said...

Nice to see you blogging again Kathy. Will jump to the tagging

Anonymous said...

loved your answers :) thought you might like this one!