Tuesday, November 02, 2021

The call of the Wine...

 Hello!

Another catch-up post today, this time a wine themed card made for one of our lovely neighbours' special day.  You'll know if you read my blog regularly that our street has been just the best and most supportive place to have lived through the pandemic in. 
Any excuse for a street mingle has been grabbed with both hands and Anthony's 50th was no exception.
Anthiony is a great favourite - possibly because hardly a week goes by without him bringing fresh-from-the-kitchen treats out with him for our regular Sunday lunchtime street meet 🤣😋😋


Info
To start with I inked up some card with various wine coloured shades till ai got a nice depth and a bit of colour variation tp ise for the grapes.I repeated this using some green inks ready to cut the leaves and vines.
The die set is by Spellbinders it was quite dear, but I bought it using my discout when I was on the Spellbloggers team 😉.  What a good buy!  I've used it loads - there's a wine glass and a hunk of cheese in the set aswell. The 'straight' bottles are from a newset (might be Lawn Fawn), the numerals and small letters are Sizzix (I think)
I made up the various elements, adding extra grapes and leaves  to give some dimension, making labels from scraps of coloured card and touches of gold for the foiled bits on the wine bottles.  I did make a glass of wine too, but decided to leave that off as I couldn't work out where it would look best!
 
I glued a strip of black and white printed card down the side of the card (I love the contrast) then moved the various pieces around until I was happy to stick them down. To finish I added the gold numerals and made the name banner to go across the corner
 
  That's it for this time, Thank You so much for coming by, please don't go without leaving a little message as I do love to know what you think.
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe, 
 

2 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a fantastic card you have made for your neighbour. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

Great card Kathy - bet he loved it! Shabneez x