Friday, November 05, 2021

November Elemental Challenge

 

   Hello!
It doesn't seem five minutes since I was moaning about the cold and whinging about having the 'January Blues' and here we are back to long dark nights and chilly weather..  Actually, I don't mind the cold so much, you can always light the fire or put another layer of clothes on - and there are all those cute socks and fluffy slippers to make you smile and keep your toes toasty.  Its that bit when the clocks go back and suddenly its dark before 5pm and the nights are interminably long - and you know you won't be cooking dinner in natural light again till sometime around March.

This week's  Daring Cardmakers challenge
As it's the first Friday of a whole new month this week its time for the
 
November Elemental Challenge
 
Our November mood board is full of textures and warm colours just right to bring a cosy glow to your craft projects this week

As usual, you simply need to pick any 3 elements or more from the picture below (the colour palette counts as one) to use when you make your card
This week also sees the start of
"Have Yourself a Crafty Little Christmas"
From now till the big day arrives, we invite you to share anything you make on the themes we give - so, not just cards but boxes, bags, tags, labels and decorations.  Whatever you make we want to see your creativity
And of course, your makes don't even have to be Christmassy - we'd love you to use our themes in whatever way you like 
 

From the mood-board I chose the rectangle shapes, the trees and the greenery when I made my card

 Info
Starting with a white square card and some Stamperia Glitter Paste I stencilled a background of stars and snowflakes using a Memory Box stencil.

I resized and printed off some lovely digi papers from Busy May Studios (via Etsy) onto white Bazzill card, then cut out the trees.  I also cut the trees using plain black card and glued the 2 layers together for some dimension.  I adhered three black rectangles onto the card and arranged my trees on top. 

The sentiment is one of my printed ones and works well I think as a small extra rectangle.  I added a silver thread loopy bow, die cut pine branch, a couple of tiny holly leaves, plus some red glitter card 'berries' and I was done.

  
Thank you so much for coming by, please don't go without leaving a little message, I do love to hear from you.  
Or maybe I really am just talking to myself
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe,
 

1 comment:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie