Saturday, July 03, 2021

July Elemental Inspiration Challenge

 
Hello!
It's been the kind of week where finding time to do any 'noisy' crafting tasks has been tricky because OH has had so many meetings and video calls! Whilst he always uses a headset for these, my electric die-cutter is still a bit invasive so I'm only able to use my hand operated mini cutter - which of course only cuts smaller dies.
Anyway, I shouldn't moan - if I were better organised there probably wouldn't be any problem at all 😉
This week my turn to set the monthly Elemental Challenge for the Daring Cardmakers came along:

Its the first Friday of the month so time for our
 July Elemental Inspiration Challenge
I thought I'd have a go at creating my own picture this time, so gathered together a host of things to use.  There's no theme, its just a rather random assortment of crafting bits an bobs, but I hope you will find some inspiration to kick-start your creativity!
Just choose at least three elements from the picture to use when you make your card.
See what my lovely teamies made HERE - they are all absolutely stunning

 Bearing in mind the things in the photo are all my own, it was actually quite hard to decide what to use for my card!
In the end I used the stencil, tissue paper, bottles flowers and a frame
 
 
Info
I started by die cutting the bottle shapes and colouring them with blue inks. Once dry I added a layer of Glossy Accents to each and left them to dry overnight. Using my favourite stencil and adding a few shapes to the corners of the card base using a pale pink Tonic mousse. 
From the tissue paper I tore a piece to adhere across the card and added the Scribble Flower frame (Tonic Studios) which I'd cut from gold card, along with a few spare leaves
Next I die cut some lily of the valley flowers (Joanna Sheen) and made a few pink roses 
Once the bottles were dried I arranged all the bits and glued them in place. finishing with a handmade decal sticker sentiment

Thank you so much for coming by, please don't go without leaving a little message as I do love to know what you think.
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe,

 

2 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful Kathy

Gr Karin