Friday, July 09, 2021

In the Backgriound

 

 Hello!
 
I hope you've had a lovely week!
I've quite a bit to get on with so no waffle this week - I'm getting straight to my card for Shabneez's lovely challenge to The Daring Cardmakers!

It's All In The Background 
This week I'd like you to make your background the star of your creation - get out those paints, sprays, pastes or even inks and watercolours to wow us with your masterpieces!
 

I did struggle with my ideas this week - in fact, this was my 4th attempt - which is bad, even for me!  Getting carried away and adding too much 'stuff', masking tape tearing away some of the inky layers, mousse seeping under the stencil in an irredeemable way.....You get the picture?

So I decided to go ultra simple!

Info

I made my own little stencil by just hand-cutting a couple of wibbly rectangle shapes out from a piece of scrap card.
I stencilled one by one, first layer with ink, top layer with embellishing mousse so that the finished shapes had a deep colour and a slight sheen.  I used quite bright colours for a Summery feel.
'Birthday' is die cut from black card and the other two words are small decal stickers.  
To complete I added a few tiny hearts punched from one of my failed background attempts that had the same green colour.
 
What makes me happy about this card design is how easy it will be to reuse and get different looks suitable for males/females and different occasions too!
 
 That's it for this time, Thank You so much for coming by, please don't go without leaving a little message as I do love to know what you think.
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe,

 

3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your card is gorgeous. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a lovely card Kathy
Gr Karin

R's Rue said...

This is so pretty. I love it.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com