Friday, May 07, 2021

May's Elemental Inspiration challenge - more hot foiling

 

  Hello

  Happy Friday, I hope you've had a lovely week, its been very windy here at times and not very warm. The wind plays havoc with my hay fever, so its been a very 'drippy' week for me,

This week over at The Daring Cardmakers Miri has chosen the board for our monthly Elemental Inspiration challenge

Welcome to May!

I picked this picture for our monthly inspiration:

 Choose at least three elements (colour scheme counts as one element) from the picture to kick start your project.

 Click here to see this week's design team inspiration  


Having been quite pleased with my hot-foiling exploits last week, I thought I'd use the same hot foiling plate again - after all it looked to be a perfect match for the various dotty patterned squares on Miri's mood-board.
So, my chosen elements were; Squares, Dotty pattern, Blue flower and the heart
 

Info
My base card is a smooth white square card blank
The blue paper is a gorgeous heavily textured paper from Tonic Studios.  I glued some onto scrap cardstock before hot-foiling with the Spellbinders dots Glimmer plate then cutting into squares. 
The flower is made using the same paper and one of those fab die sets from Spellbinders which have several dies of varying sizes 
The heart is also from a multi-sized pack, cut in Tonic mirror finish card, 
For the flower centre I used a blob of Glossy Accents, added some shiny gems, then filled any gaps with those teeny weeny gold micro beads that manage to go everywhere you don't want them, and just occasionally in the place you do want them.
To pull all the components together I added a tiny sentiment, and a gold thread bow, plus some of the blue and gold jewels around the flower


Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when you do!

Happy Crafting, and please take care of yourself.


3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I love the design. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card Kathy
Gr Karin

Miri said...

Oh, that's pretty! I love the sparkly hot-foiling. Great card, Kathy!