Friday, May 21, 2021

Hot, Steamy and Totally Tropical

 Hello

  Hope you had a lovely week.

We've been having crazy weather all this week.  Bright sunshine, downpours, hailstones, thunder and now its very windy too.  I'm sure my calendar says that its May, but.....

Ots quite nice that this week at the Daring Cardmakers we've put the cold behind us to play with more tropical themes

It's Rizwana here with this weeks new challenge and I've decided to go all tropical. I'm hoping it'll bring some warmer weather.  

 Tropical Paradise.

So for this weeks challenge I would like you to create a tropical card with your favourite tropical animal or bird. Lets see some vibrant colours and some tropical plants too.

 Click here to see this week's design team inspiration  

Info
A smooth white square card blank, with some blue ink shades smooshed around the central area.   
A piece of green Bazzill card, smooshed with various other green shades. A circle aperture was cut from the centre and the green layer adhered over the base card.
The tropical elements were cut using a Spellbinders die set.  I either inked some white card scraps, or used scraps of various bits of green card from my scrap box for the leaves, and inked white card for the flamingo and pineapple.
The large flower was made using a punch and some bright card, plus the flower centre from a Tonic die set
Finally I hunted out the smallest of my flower dies to cut in bright colours, and tucked another of my home-made white on black sentiments in among the foliage.
There's quite a lot of dimension to this card as I added bits of chipboard between the various layers, and the flamingo's wing stands out on a little 'hinge' of card

 
Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when you do!

Happy Crafting, and please take care of yourself.

2 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a lovely and cheerful card Kathy
Gr Karin

Shabneez said...

Absolutely love this Kathy - the colours and images make me think of the tropics! Shabneez x