Friday, July 05, 2019

July Elemental Inspiration




Hello
How are you?  
 We've been enjoying some lovely sunny and warm weather this week, so I hope you are too, wherever you are!  

Dawn has chosen a fab picture for our Daring Cardmakers challenge this week - its perfect for Wimbledon, who can resist a lovely Cream Tea with jam, cream and scones while watching the tennis?  Sadly, I don't have the cream tea, and I only have the tennis on the telly - but hey, you can't have it all....
Anyway....

It's the first Friday of the month which means its time for 
July's Elemental Inspiration Challenge.

We have a lovely Summery picture for you to be inspired by
this week .
Just remember you need to pick at least 3 elements from the picture to be featured on your card. (the colours count as one element)
ideas: Layout, Colours, Fruit, Jar, Tea-set,  Woodgrain, Gingham, Fabric....

I chose the tea-pot (but used a coffee pot instead), Gingham, a Spoon and some Fruit (the very tiny cherries on my cupcake!).  I also kept largely to the colour scheme, though that was more because the first gingham fabric style paper I found in my stash was blue!

Info
Gingham stylw paper from an old MME 6x6 paper stack
I also used an embellishment piece from another of the papers in the stack to cut the matching cup shape.
Red, White, Silver and Brown cardstock
The cup, coffee pot, spoon and cupcake are all cut using various Spellbinders die sets
The plain circle and the oval for the plate are from Tonic nesting sets and the scalloped circle from a XCut nesting set
I couldn't think what to add for a sentiment, so have left it without one for the moment (because actually I didn't have time to find the perfect one to use because I was so late getting it done!)

We would love you to join in with us.  You can link your creations to our BLOG - HERE. or find us on Instagram - or better still, link to both!
I'm going to try much harder to do a couple of blog posts a week - I've been failing dismally lately.  I have a few things lined up - I just haven't managed to blog them yet.  

Anyway, that's all for this time, thank you so much for visiting, please leave a message...
Happy Crafting

6 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a lovely and cute card Kathy
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card I love it. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Angelnorth said...

Love the positioning of the pattern on the cup, perfectly judged! Cute card, I don’t think it needs a sentiment at all.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Such wonderful die cuts great layout. Love this card today

Andree said...

A sweet card Kathy. It has a lovely rustic feel xx

Dawn said...

Such a lovely card. I love all the die cut elements especially the little coffee pot. x