Friday, June 28, 2019

Paper Dreams

Hello!

I hope you're well and enjoying this sunny spell we're having just now.  Not as hot here as in some parts of Europe, mind!  My lovely friend 
Our Daring Cardmakers challenge this week is set by Dawn, who lives in France and I see the temperatures over there are getting silly.  Stay cool, Dawn!
For my challenge I would like to see you use up your beautiful designer papers.
Cut It Up
I know we all like to save our lovely pretty papers but I want you to make them the main focus.  Your could simply use a lovely big piece and just add a greeting, cut out lots of pieces and make a pattern or just use elements from the papers to make a topper for your card.
Click Here to see what the team made this week
 When I read Dawn's challenge I knew I would make an 'eclipse' card.  I've meant to do one for ages and this was the perfect excuse to have a go. I still had last week's Midsummer Night's Dream thing in my head and one thing led to another and I came up with this
You know I love using digi papers, don't you? Well, rather than spend hours trawling through my paper pads looking for the 'right' design, I thought I'd check first to see whether any of my downloads might be suitable - and found the perfect picture paper to use.

Info:
Digi background paper design is from "Seascape" my MicheleRDesigns, but sadly this shop doesn't seem to be operating any more.
I love the faded, torn effect around the image, so resized it to completely fit my card and printed out onto white Bazzill Bling cardstock.
 "DREAM" letters are from a Spellbinders Alphabet set.
Save the cut out letters and the little 'waste' bits for later!
4 more of each letter in a darked blue shade of card and glued together. Corresponding letter from the patterned paper on top.  
I glued the tiny bits from the D, R and A I onto small pieces of paper then adhered in place on the back of the relevant letter stack
The background was adhered onto the card blank then the letter stacks glued in place
 The parasol and the deckchair  were cut on the Silhouette Cameo from my own templates
The sun hat was hand cut and I trimmed with a knotted piece of narrow ribbon
The lighthouse and little tug boat are painted wood embellishments I've had in my stash for years, as are the little shells

That's it, all done for this time, I hope you like it
Thank you for looking, please leave a message.....

Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Your background paper is just so gorgeous, what a wonderful scene. I also love the technique you have used with the die cut lettering. xxx

Handmade by Natty said...

I genuinely had no idea this technique was an eclipse card. :) It's a technique I love doing too. :) Your card is fab Kathy and really sets the scene beautifully.

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Kathy
Gr Karin

Shabneez said...

Fab summer card Kathy - those eclipse cards are addictive so watch it! Shabneez x

Vogelschneckenraupe said...

a great card. We also have a heat wave here and I wish I was there on the beach.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Beautiful summer theme card today