Monday, July 15, 2019

The Shape of It

Hello!

I've been a really rubbish blogger in recent weeks so have a few un-blogged cards, so I'm going to try to do some catching up.  If I can grove enough willpower to blog a couple of times a week, I'll be happy!

Today's card is one I made for my maths geek nephew's birthday.  I really wanted to do something with a fancy and meaningful equation on it but I'm too dreadful at maths to work anything like that out, so I went for a bit of a pun with some geometric shapes instead.  
Believe me, creating an equilateral triangle when I couldn't find my set of compasses was enough of a challenge!



Info
White square card blank with horizontal panels in white, yellow and orange.
Circle and triangle shapes inked on edges, tiny googly eye embellishments with other features drawn in pen.
I used some speech bubbles preset shapes in Paint Shop Pro with the text added inside, then I resized them to fit my card
The Happy Birthday sentiment is from Spellbinders
 



He didn't 'laugh out loud' when he opened it, just gave a nod - which is about as good as it gets for my quiet nephew !

That's my lot for today

Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a wonderful card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a cute and wonderful card Kathy

gr karin

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

lol, this card gave me a good laugh, too cute

Gwyneth said...

Fab card. I just love the wit.
GG

AndreaH said...

What a great card. I bet your nephew was over the moon with it really lol. X